Tuesday, May 2, 2017

2D Design Reflection

What is the one thing you can use from this class? How could it be better?

This class touched on a variety of topics and themes, many more than any usual art class would.  The class learned different art techniques and styles, while also learning about some famous artists.  Students were asked to engage in new creative activities, thus expanding their liberal arts knowledge.  No student was judge on his or her ability to do art.  The focus was on the effort taken to complete the activity and actually follow the directions, expanding on the project's theme.  

I took away the knowledge of abstraction.  I'm gonna be frank, I hate abstract art.  By having us complete many more contemporary styles pieces, I was forced to learn how to interpret things in new ways.  I had to expand my creativity so that I could obscure reality but still have a deeper meaning.

I do think that the pace of the course was a little fast.  I would have liked more time to plan our pieces before having to go forth and complete them so that if we needed to change something halfway through, we had the time to do so.  I created may pieces that I still want to edit but didn't have the chance to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2D Design Reflection

What is the one thing you can use from this class? How could it be better? This class touched on a variety of topics and themes, many ...