Wednesday, March 15, 2017

For my sound project I chose the song Glass House by Kaleo.  Like many of their other songs, this one is deeply rooted in Blues and Rock & Roll.  It features a consistent drum beat, deep bass tones and a shrill electric guitar.  The leader singer's voices is shaky and extremely masculine.

You can listen to the song here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shSKvEp3HFo


I created this painting to represent each sound that stood out to me.  I used a dark blue-purple for the bass notes, a range of yellow-orange and red-orange for the guitar notes, and a shade of maroon for the lead singer's voice.  I added additional shades of the colors through out my piece in small lines and splatter paint to give the piece texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2D Design Reflection

What is the one thing you can use from this class? How could it be better? This class touched on a variety of topics and themes, many ...