Thursday, February 23, 2017

Magazine Advertisement

For my Advertisement Breakdown project, I chose to used this ad for Del Monte canned green beans.  I found the ad in a Real Simple Magazine which inspired me to use images of food in my collage.  This ad had a very simple design, with the can as the focal point.  The viewer's eye follows the green beans up to the beanstalk and across the page or down to the text at the bottom of the page.  


This advertisement focuses on the ides of freshness, implying that the green beans go straight from the beanstalk to the can.  You are getting the best quality food that you can.  This is also emphasized with  the words "Bursting with Life" in bright red, a contrasting color to green but also the color of their logo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fractured Histories

Fractured Histories is an exhibit we have here at Loyola displaying ancient Greek pottery.  It features pots, cups, vases, etc, that we...